MagLube Minimum Quantity Lubrication
Using Metalworking Fluids with Our Micro-lubrication Systems
MagLube offers alternatives to traditional means of machining lubricants for industrial lubrication systems. Petroleum or synthetic based products typically mix 10-20 parts with water to flood the work-piece and tool to prevent heat. These traditional machining lubricants, or metalworking fluid/flood coolants, have little lubricating properties. However, the concept is to cool the tool and work-piece by means of quenching or carrying the heat away after it has already occurred.
Our metalworking fluid and lubricants are environmentally safe organic oils that are as much as 300-times higher in lubricity than conventional cutting oils. They work to prevent heat from occurring by eliminating friction within industrial lubrication systems. They are distributed directly to the cutting edge of the tool before the workpiece cut is made with our precision delivery systems. This eliminates the need for quenching due to the lubricating properties in which heat is displaced through the chip, no fumes or mist are emitted, and there is no cleanup because 99.9% of the lubricant is consumed in the cut.
Applicators are custom designed for each specific application. Our lubricant manufacturers’ applicators are perfect for many functions, including:
- Nozzle design tailored for best spray pattern
- Multiple control types including pneumatic, electric, digital, & PLC
- Multiple reservoir capacities from 10 oz. to 5 gal.
- Manufactured in steel NEMA-style boxes
- All controls located inside locking steel box
There are a number of distinct benefits to our products that are safe, non-toxic, and biodegradable while contributing to safer working conditions and cleaner machine operations without requiring EPA hazardous ingredient reports. Other benefits include:
- Eliminates need for floor coolant and other cutting fluids
- Increased tool life with reduced heat and friction
- Better surface finishes due to elimination of chip welding
- Conducive for all metals, plastics, wood, and rubber
- Increased feed rates for faster production
- No disposal of spent oils for safer working conditions
- No parts washing
- Long term cost savings
- No discoloration of parts
MQL Systems Packages
MQL System Specs.
Standard Applicators: All industrial lubrication systems require a designated airline to operate the MQL system (80-120 psi recommended) 1-8 Nozzles.
- Air only
- Slide valve (attached to system)
- Remote magnet / mountable toggle switch
- Solenoid(s) (110VAC, 240VAC, 24VDC)
- Air signal pilot valve(s)
- Pneumatic or electric limit switch activation
- Programmable PLC
- Magnet / mountable flexible loc-line (4-18” length)
- 1/4” x 12” bendable copper / stainless with brass tip
- Wide angle fan spray nozzles (30°, 60°, 80° or 120°)
- Universal bandsaw nozzle in two different lengths
- 2 port circular saw nozzle (for blades 24” and under)
- 3 port circular saw nozzle (for blades over 24”)
- 3 or 4 port halo nozzle retrofitted to spindle
- Custom designed nozzles for any application
Hose Length: 8 – 60 feet
Reservoir Size: Available with screen filters and low level switches
- 10 ounce plastic
- Quart aluminum/acrylic with screen filter
- 1/2 gallon aluminum/acrylic with screen filter
- 1 gallon aluminum/acrylic with screen filter
- 1 gallon steel tank
- 2 gallon steel tank
- 5 gallon steel tank
Custom Applicators: Some applications require a different approach and may need a special type of MQL system. Since we manufacture our spray mist systems in house, we can manipulate them to fit your needs. Our applicators can lubricate as many points as necessary and at various times. Our injector pumps can be set to work independently of each other, to minimize your lubricant consumption and maximize your efficiency.